Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Heat Staking Machine and Paint Flow Controllers for VividInc

Just a couple of short notes:
Firstly, I'm happy to report that Thomas Nguyen of VividInc was able to get the Heat Staking Machine working, the project that I reported on back in October 2019. He did have to make a small change in my design to select a higher current solid state relay but otherwise my design suggestions worked out just fine. I didn't visit Thomas to work on the system as he didn't need my help to complete the project. Now he will be able to use the system to make the clamshell covers for electric vehicle batteries.

Second, Thomas told me that they will need more Paint Flow Controllers at VividInc. Vivid's workflow had been cut back after their power problem and small fire at their Santa Clara facility but now are recovering and needing controllers for their work. I had reported that I had assembled three new systems and also that I had improved the response time of the systems. Soon I will be able to deliver them.

So, good news for Thomas that he now has the Heat Staking Machine working, good news for Vivid that they are recovering from their power problem at their facility and good news for me that I will get my assembled controllers out of storage in our garage and deliver them to Thomas after I check them out.

Here are a couple of photos of the latest Paint Flow Controller prototypes:
Controller Front View.
Controller Wired.
Controller in Test Mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment